Friday, June 5, 2009

Archived Post - "Here's A November 2006 Real-Life Tucker Max Story"

Here's A November 2006 Real-Life Tucker Max Story
[originally posted on "Tucker Max Is A Douchebag" blog on Thursday, November 16, 2006]

An anonymous poster has written a real-life Tucker Max story in the comments section of the previous post, The Chicago Sun Times Exposes Tucker Max As A Douchebag. I have no way of verifying any details of this story, as it was submitted by an anonymous poster on November 14, 2006 at 12:03 PM:
Tucker clearly is effeminate, and he does seem to overcompensate for a lot of his issues, but I don't think he's a homosexual. I can understand if it's clearly your observation that he is gay, but if you're calling him one as an insult, I think you're missing the point.

Tucker isn't what he says he is on a lot of levels. I've played basketball against him, so I kind of know him. He states that he was an awesome hoops player. I truly disagree. He does have some skills, but none of them translate well into a game. He's usually among the third or forth tier players who get picked in our pickup games. It's funny watching him make this claim over and over, because he's overstating his level of achievement yet again, and I find that just to be a symptom of his malaise.

I've gone out with him twice after games. He's affable enough, but he's a joke after 3 or 4 beers. He's 30 years old and he still counts how many drinks he has, he refers to himself in the 3rd person and is obviously a bullshit artist. I can't stand people who put on a front, and Tucker is doing it to the nth degree. Some people might think this is cool, but in polite circles, he's just another big mouthed asshole. Over the course of the evening he kept bringing up the fact that he has a NY Times best seller. It kind of got old, but I did go out and buy his book to read it.

I wasn't impressed. I think his level of writing is slightly above Penthouse Letters, if only that his stories always have him as a central character. After meeting him to play hoops again, I knew the book was bullshit. He's not that quick witted in real life. I know this couldn't be the same guy who was the star of his book. In the bars in NY, Tucker didn't hook up for shit, because we weren't in his home turf, which seems to be college aged bars up above 23rd street. That's good for him, except he's 31 now, and he's becoming transparent to even then. On the 2nd night we hung out, he struck out all night, but ended up hooking up with a girl Tucker yelled at an hour earlier for being too fat. That seemed to be the level of quality he was used to.

Here is a link to the comments to this post from the former "Tucker Max Is A Douchebag" blog

No comments:

Post a Comment